06 May Event: How to become a Consultant: Introduction to Personal Consultancies at ANU 2022
This information session for ANU staff provides an introduction to what is involved in becoming a consultant, how to professionally run personal consultancies under the University’s Paid Outside Work Policy, and how ANU Enterprise can support you.
Join us for this information session and learn about:
• Who can undertake consultancy and how to work with ANU Enterprise
• What makes a successful proposal
• The support ANU Enterprise can give you, including on contracts, project management, finance and insurance
• Structure of your operations: sole trader, partnership, company, trust and more.
• Taxation and regulatory processes
• Insurances and obligations: superannuation, workers compensation, professional indemnity insurance, public liability and travel.
• The approvals process for budgets and registration
• Fees and costing for your project; and
• Now that you’ve got the gig – how to deliver it.
This FREE free event will be held online via Zoom
Who should attend?
This event is for academic staff at ANU who have little or no consultancy experience and are interested in becoming a consultant.
The event is also relevant for staff who have prior experience in 52 Day Rule consultancies. The presentation will cover how, when, and where to notify ANU of your consultancy pre-existing arrangements and information on how and where ANU Enterprise can support future consultancies.
Date and times
This event will take place on Thursday 4th August 2022, 3:00 pm till 4:00 pm (1 hour)
This event is a part of a series of information sessions run by ANU Enterprise. Other events in our series you may wish to register for: