07 Jun EVENT: How to become a Consultant – Introduction to Personal Consultancies at ANU
This information session for ANU staff provides an introduction to what is involved in becoming a consultant, how to professionally run personal consultancies under the University’s Paid Outside Work Policy, and how ANU Enterprise can support you.
Eventbrite Link: HERE – Booking is essential
About this event
Are you thinking of becoming a consultant?
Are you working as a consultant and want to learn how to improve your proposals, prepare budgets and more?
Whether you have done work before under the 52 Day Rule Policy or not, arrangements and support services have changed in 2021.
Join us for this information session and learn about:
• Who can undertake consultancy and how to work with ANU Enterprise
• What makes a successful proposal
• The support ANU Enterprise can give you, including on contracts, project management, finance and insurance
• The approvals process for budgets and registration
• Fees and costing for your project; and
• Now that you’ve got the gig – how to deliver it.
This FREE event will be held at:
ANU Enterprise, White Cliffs Meeting Room,
Suite 2, Level 2, 121, Marcus Clarke Street,
(Entrance via Childers Street foyer),
Canberra ACT 2601.
121 Marcus Clarke Street, access via Childers Street.
City West Car Park, access via Allsop Street.
Short-term street parking, Childers Street.
Short-term metered parking, Hobart Place.
Who should attend?
This event is for academic staff at ANU who have little or no consultancy experience and are interested in becoming a consultant.
The event is also relevant for staff who have prior experience in 52 Day Rule consultancies. The presentation will cover how, when, and where to notify ANU of your consultancy pre-existing arrangements and information on how and where ANU Enterprise can support future consultancies.
Date and times
This event will take place on Thursday 5 August 2021, 3:00 pm till 4:00 pm (1 hour)
This event is a part of a series of information sessions run by ANU Enterprise. Other events in our series you may wish to register for:
- Managing Projects with Industry and Government
- Preparing competitive tenders for Industry and Government